The Dean of Students Office includes Kevin Gilmartin, Dean of Undergraduate Students; Barbara Green, Assoicate Dean of Undergraduate Students; Lesley Nye, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Students; Rosemary "Beth" Larranaga, Office Manager; and Deans Office Assistant Sara Loredo. They are available to assist you in a variety of ways. We encourage you to stop by to talk with one of the Deans if you have any academic or personal concerns. Here are a few reminders that may help make this term a successful one for you.
- If you are finding the material in a course difficult, contact our office for a free tutor. We hire upperclass students to tutor others, especially in the core courses. Tutoring is free to the student and the Deans' Office pays the tutor. Of course, attending class regularly, talking with your teaching assistants and professors, attempting all of your homework sets and turning them in on time, and collaborating with other students when appropriate can make a big difference in your success.
- Students who become ill may want to be in touch with the Deans for assistance in excuses for late assignments and tests. If you are too ill to complete a course or can't take the final exam because of illness, only the Deans can authorize the grade of I, medical incomplete. Contact us if you have a medical problem that seems to be interfering with your academics.
- Remember the deadlines for dropping and adding courses. Add Day for spring term 2016-17 is Friday, April 21, 2017 and Drop Day is Wednesday, May 24, 2017.
- See us anytime for assistance with petitions you plan to submit to UASH .
- If we invite you to come in to talk with us about your progress, please respond. We usually have useful suggestions to offer.
Best wishes for a productive and enjoyable spring term.